CIM’s SME research early insight.
CIM’s SME research explored…
- Business performance and confidence
- Attitudes and motivations of entrepreneurs and business owners
- Approaches to marketing – resourcing & skills
- Key challenges internally and externally
- Finding advice and support.
The most interesting ‘take away’ for me is that strategic marketing activities are largely done in-house yet only 13% of survey respondents considered their business to employ a marketing specialist, i.e. the in-house resources undertaking strategic activities lack experience, training and qualifications.
Have a look at the presentation slides and let me know if any of the findings surprise you: